Feb 2, 2012

"Making History" Book Launch in Lagos

HRH Obi Achebe of Onicha formally presenting Making History. Flanking the King, Mr. Akinsanya

It's been a week since the formal presentation of my new book, Making History: African Collectors and the Canon of African Art, was launched in Lagos Nigeria. The formal presentation of the book turned out well and I was honored with a large turnout of the cultural elite of Lagos all of who praised the book highly. The event was chaired by His Royal Highness, Obi Achebe of Onicha who was accompanied by two of his chiefs. In respect to the king, who is my kinsman and a leader of the Ezechime Clan, I attended the book launching wearing the traditional regalia of red-cap chiefs. Posted here, some pictures from the event.
Obi Achebe's arrival at the book launching
L-R: Femi Akinsanya, Obi Achebe, the author, and Mayo Adediran, who reviewed the book at the launching
Receiving the King's Entourage
Cross section of the audience
Cross section of the audience
My good friend and mentor, Afolabi Kofo Abayomi (and wife), who played a great role in encouraging art collectors in Lagos
With Ndidi Dike (to my immediate right) and other members of my family
Giving the King a tour of the exhibition
Mrs. Veronica Ogbechie (my mother, center) with Obi Achebe and my sisters Florence (right) and Nwaka (Left)


No comments: